Last Modified Date: March 14, 2023
Keymark processes two categories of Personal Information:
- Personal Information that our partners and customers ask us to process on their behalf (“Processor Data”). Keymark offers business automation products and services, and related support and professional services (the “Business Services”). Under applicable law, in certain contexts Keymark is considered the “processor” of Personal Information we receive through the Business Services, and our customer is (or acts on behalf of) the “controller” of the data (i.e., the company with the right to decide how the data is used).
- Personal Information that we collect or process for our own business (“Controller Data”). Under applicable law, Keymark is a “controller” of Controller Data.
The Types of Personal Information That We Collect
- Personal Information collected directly from you.
Keymark may collect Personal Information directly from you when you use the Site or Services (for example, when you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, or when you establish a Keymark account with us).
- Identifiers, including name, telephone number, postal address, email address; and
- Information Listed in the California Customer Records Statute, including name, postal address, telephone number.
1.2. Personal Information automatically collected when you use the Services.
Keymark and third-party service providers may automatically collect data about you when you use the Site. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the Site, and for our internal analytics so that we can improve our Services and Site. This information includes:
- Identifiers, including IP address and cookies
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, including browsing history, browser and device information, hardware model, software, preferred language, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, network information, clickstreams, search history, information regarding your interaction with our Site, IP address, cookies, pixel tags, browser version, operating system
- Location information, Certain features of the Services may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both, if you grant permission to do so in your device settings. Keymark does not collect, store or use location information, but our third-party partners may collect and store this information to provide the Services or feature. When you opt-in to any such service, you authorize the relevant third party to collect and use your location information for the purpose for which it was collected. This location information may be used to operate and enhance the third party’s service as well as customize the content we provide to you from our partners.
We use Google Analytics on the Site to help us analyze the traffic on the Site. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ You may opt out of the use of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
1.3. Information We Receive from Third Parties
In addition to collecting some Personal Information directly from you, we may collect Personal Information from third parties including our Affiliates and Subsidiaries, data providers, and credit bureaus where permitted by law. You agree that the third-party providers of data, not Keymark, are responsible for maintaining your information with proper and sufficient accuracy and authority in accordance with all governing laws and regulations. We make no effort to verify any information for any purpose, including accuracy, legality, or non-infringement that we properly receive from third parties. We also collect personal information automatically when you use visit our Site and while receiving our services.
We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, such as when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. Please note that the information we may receive from those third-party sites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube) is governed by the privacy settings, policies and/or procedures of the applicable platform, and we strongly encourage you to review them before submitting any information using a social media platform.
2. Purpose of Collection
Keymark processes Personal Information for the purposes of:
- Communicating with corporate business partners and customers pursuant to contract about business matters or possible contracts for the operation of the business, including the process of requested payments (services) and providing aggregated, anonymized data about the use of our services;
- Monitoring and analyzing transactions by reviewing customer and user behavior to improve services and prevent fraud;
- Conducting relevant tasks for legitimate business purposes including marketing and advertising;
- Profiling prospective customers or building mailing lists for product information distribution;
- Internal communications;
- Meeting legal or regulatory requirements and Keymark’s internal policies;
- Management of travel, lodging, and related expenses; and
- Other purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell, share, rent, or otherwise disclose the Personal Information collected on the Site to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration, unless otherwise stated below or with your consent:
- Service Providers & Contractors. We may share your Personal Information with service providers and contractors to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing our Services, including but not limited to internal and business operations, security, payment processing, identity verification, and related services. Service providers and contractors may use the information only as necessary to provide the services to us and are contractually required to keep your information confidential and secure.
- Live Chat and Interactive Support. The Site or Service may include “live chat” or other live interactive features. We may provide these features through technology provided by third parties and you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to these provides by using these features.
- Advertising Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party advertising partners, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Google Display Advertising and Remarketing services. These advertising partners may use first- and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to this website. You can opt out of these services using the Ads Preferences Manager or you can use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks, commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising.”
- Authorized Representatives. If another individual is managing your account on your behalf (for example, a wife managing the account of her husband), as authorized by you or as a personal representative under applicable law, that person can view all Personal Information about you in our Services.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, Divestitures or Change of Control. We may transfer or assign Personal Information to an entity that acquires or is merged with us as part of a merger, acquisition, sale of ownership or assets, or other change of control.
We may share de-identified and/or aggregate analytics with third-party partners about how users interact with our Services, including usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
4. Contest/Sweepstakes Entries
5. Transfer of Personal Information to a Third Country
Our services are hosted in the United States and are intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you do not reside in the United States and provide Personal Information to us, please note that your Personal Information will be transferred, processed, collected, used, accessed and/or stored in the United States and subject to U.S. laws. The laws in the United States may not provide the same protections for your Personal Information as the jurisdiction in which you are located. Do not provide your Personal Information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred or processed outside of your country, or if the laws in your country restrict such transfers.
6. Retention Period
7. Third-Party Sites
8. Confidentiality and Security
We maintain reasonable safeguards using industry standard technology to heighten the security, accuracy and privacy of any Personal Information we have collected, and we have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss and misuse. While we implement these measures, please note that 100% security is not possible, and we cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Keymark may assign you a user ID and a password when you as part of your participation and access to the Site and your account. Only you may use your user ID and password. You may not share your user ID and password with anyone else, and you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user ID. You play a role in protecting your information as well.
Our Services are not directed to minors, including children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. By using the Site or Services, you represent that you are at least 16 years old. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for an account or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received or collected Personal Information from a user of the Site who is under the age of 16, we will attempt to immediately delete that information from our files and records. Furthermore, we encourage users of the Site that are minors that are 16 years of age or older to ask their parents or guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves over the Internet.
If you believe a child who is under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us using the information below.
10. Choices About Your Personal Information
You have choices about how we use your information. Please understand that if you choose not to disclose information to us, it may affect your ability to use some features of our Services.
- Marketing. From time to time if you have supplied your email address, Keymark and its affiliates may send you marketing or informational emails. If you prefer not to receive any or all of our marketing and promotional communications, you may opt-out of these communications by following the opt-out prompts on these communications. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing or informational communications by contacting us as specified in the Contact Us section below, and we will honor your request. Please note that even after you are removed from our marketing lists, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as responding to your support requests.
We and our service providers may use information about your interactions with the Site to predict your interests and select the ads you see on and off the Site. This is known as interest-based advertising. In providing interest-based ads, we follow the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about interest-based advertising and how you can opt out, visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
11. California Residents’ Privacy Rights
The following section does not apply to individuals who do not live in California on a permanent basis, individuals who do not collect personal information about, or individuals for whom all of the information we collect is exempt from California laws.
11.1. Categories of Personal Information Collected
11.2. Purpose of Collection
11.3. Sources of Personal Information
11.4. Selling and Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or share your Personal Information in exchange for monetary consideration. However, the definitions of Personal Information, ‘share,’ and ‘sale’ under CCPA are broad. Like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads and personalization to you, which may involve transfer Personal Information to business partners for their use, such as Google Analytics. Please see Section 1.2 above on how to opt-out of Google Analytics.
Categories of Personal Information that May Be Sold, Shared, or Disclosed
Categories of Third Parties to whom Personal Information May Be Sold, Shared, or Disclosed
Business or Commercial Purpose of Selling, Sharing, or Disclosing Personal Information
Personal Information Categories Listed in The California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e))
Internet or Other Similar Network Activity
11.5. California Consumer Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us as directed in the Contact Us section below with a reference to California Disclosure Information.
Under CCPA, consumers have certain rights regarding their Personal Information, as described below.
- Right of Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the following information about you, limited to the preceding twelve (12) months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose or sold to third-parties; and
- For each category of Personal Information identified, the categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed or sold.
- Right of Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you, subject to exceptions within the law.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of Personal Information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. However, we do not sell any Personal Information.
- Right to Opt-In: We do not have actual knowledge that we collect, share, or sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
- Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: You may request specific limitations on further sharing, use, or disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Information that is collected or processed for “the purpose of inferring characteristics about a consumer.” However, we do not collect or process Sensitive Data for this purpose.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we maintain accurate Personal Information about you and correct any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you, subject to exceptions within the law.
If you would like to exercise your California rights, please refer to the Consumer Requests and Verification section below.
11.6. Consumer Requests and Verification
Right to Non-Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you because you exercise any of your rights under applicable law, including, but not limited to:
- Denying goods or services to you;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- As required under applicable law, we will verify your identity. You will need to provide us with your email address and full name. We may ask for additional information if needed.
- We will confirm that you want your information accessed, corrected, and/or deleted.
- We will confirm our receipt of your request within 10 days. If you have not received a response within a few days after that, please let us know by contacting us at the webpage or phone number listed below.
- We will respond to your request within 45 days upon receipt of your request. If necessary, we may need an additional period of time, up to another 45 days, but we will reply either way within the first 45-day period and, if we need an extension, we will explain why.
- In certain cases, a request for access, correction, or deletion may be denied. For example, if we cannot verify your identity, the law requires that we maintain the information, or if we need the information for internal purposes such as providing Services or completing an order. If we deny your request, we will explain why we denied it and delete any other information that is not protected and subject to denial.
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us as described in the Contact Us section below to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that you provided signed permission to the authorized agent to submit the request;
- You to verify your identity directly with us; or
- You to directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
12. Virginia Resident Privacy Rights
12.1. Virginia provides residents with specific rights regarding Personal Information, including:
12.1.1. To confirm whether or not we are processing your Personal Information and to access such Personal Information.
12.1.2. To correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information which we have collected, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of processing the Personal Information.
12.1.3. To request deletion of Personal Information for which we have collected, subject to legal exemptions.
12.1.4. To obtain a copy of your Personal Information.
12.2. Virginia residents also have the right to opt out of the processing of Personal Information for purposes of targeted advertising, the sale of Personal Information, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
12.3. If you are a resident of Virginia, you have the right to appeal a denial of a request for access, correction, or deletion.
13. Nevada Resident Privacy Rights
13.1. You have the right to request that we not sell the Personal Information we currently have about you or that we might collect about you in the future.
13.2. If you use the Services, you may review and request changes to any of your personal information that is collected.
14. Connecticut Resident Privacy Right.
If collected, we will take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers and limit access to those with a need for such information. We prohibit the unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers.
15. Correcting & Updating Your Information
Please help us keep your data accurate by informing us of any personal information change promptly. To update your information or discontinue the Services, please use one of the methods in our Contact Us section below.
Keymark will respond to your correction or update request within at most 30 days from the date of your request. You also may be able to update your information by logging into your account.\
16. Contact Us
Our postal address is: Keymark, Inc., 105 Tech Lane, Liberty, SC 29657, ATTN: Privacy
You may also reach us via our toll-free phone number at: 1-800-279-9270