Integrating SharePoint With OnBase
If you’re like most organizations, Microsoft technologies – from SQL Server to Outlook and SharePoint – are critical to the success of your IT infrastructure. Many organizations are now utilizing SharePoint in an effort to enhance collaboration and streamline document management. The familiar Microsoft user interface simplifies adoption of the software’s ECM capabilities, such as transactional content and process management.
SharePoint provides a strong ECM foundation for organizations, but the software does have its limitations. SharePoint alone does not provide a fully integrated Enterprise ECM. It can’t provide transactional ECM tools (like document image capture and management, COLD/ERM and workflow automation).
There is no shortage of vendors claiming to fill the SharePoint function gaps with applications. But then the challenge becomes searching out the best application and getting the custom coding for each component to work together. Not to mention the nightmare of implementing upgrades. Filling gaps with a patchwork of applications results in unnecessary customization and risk.
OnBase Solutions for SharePoint
To make sure you’re getting the most out of your SharePoint investment, it makes sense to align with an enterprise content management solution that’s optimized for Microsoft infrastructure and application technologies. Hyland Software, the maker of OnBase, has been working closely with Microsoft since 1991 and is recognized as a Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner.
OnBase provides comprehensive transactional content management capabilities in one, integrated software suite. Developed on Microsoft’s .NET platform, OnBase is the only major ECM suite offering developed entirely on Microsoft platforms.
- Scan from SharePoint – users scan and index documents directly from SharePoint and link them to specific items and users
- Content Connector – automatically publish transactional content (i.e. invoices, financial reports, applications, etc.) to their relevant SharePoint sites
- SharePoint Search – search that includes content from SharePoint, OnBase and other enterprise repositories in the same result list
- Web Parts – 15 packaged Web parts for a broad range of content-enabled applications that users need for their day-to-day job responsibilities
- Archive Services – improve SharePoint performance by off-loading completed documents into OnBase while still making them accessible from SharePoint